Provider Application Requirements

Please Select Your State

GAP Solutions Inc. is committed to providing AmeriCorps members with the resources needed to make informed decisions regarding childcare. The member eligibility requirements are determined by the individual state/territory. In our continued efforts to improve our processes and delivery of service we have developed the below list of Child Care Development Fund Plans (CCDFs). Please follow the link for your state/territory and review the eligibility information that is provided. You can also view your state's maximum reimbursement rates by visiting here or selecting your state from the dropdown below. This list will be updated periodically as changes occur. We appreciate your feedback - if you have any questions regarding the eligibility requirements, or have trouble loading any of the links in your web browser, please feel free to contact our staff for assistance. We can be reached via phone (855) 886-0687 or email at

Choose a state and the CCDF Link will show here

The table below is to be used only as a guide. Please note that the State eligibility requirements for child care providers can change at any time. Click on the column heading for a definition of each provider type or click here To verify if your provider of choice is eligible to participate in the AmeriCorps Child Care benefit program, contact GAP Solutions with your eligibility questions at 1-855-886-0687.


  • Your provider of choice must be over the age of 18, not live in your household, and may not be the biological parent.
  • The AmeriCorps Child Care program cannot assist providers with completing state training /background check requirements.
  • Providers will not be eligible for back payment if they are not in compliance with state regulations. If approved for the benefit, the start date will be set to the day they complete the applicable requirement.

State Licensed Child Care Providers Licensed Family & Group Homes License Exempt (Church, Public School, YMCA) Unlicensed (Relative, Friend, Etc.) Unlicensed Provider Requirements
Choose a state and the guidelines for that state will show here.
AlabamaYESYESYESYES*Relative providers exempt from requirements; all other must comply with Health and Safety Requirements, monitoring inspections and criminal background checks. Such must have passed State approval to operate without a license.
ArizonaYESYESYESYES*Relative Providers are approved for payment. All others must be to participate. To get certified click here for information.
ArkansasYESYESYES*YES*Relative providers caring for 5 or less children are approved; others must be registered to participate. Organizations: Churches are exempt; others must have an afterschool license to participate; also known as Out of School Time license.
CaliforniaYESYESYESYES*Unrelated unlicensed providers must be registered with TrustLine to participate
ColoradoYESYESYESYESRelative providers are approved; a Member Affidavit is required. All other unlicensed providers not approved for subsidy payments.
ConnecticutYESYESYESYESCare by a relative is approved; or by a non-relative in the child's home. FFN (Family, Friend, Neighbor care is exempt from licensing requirements). Must be in child's home.
District of ColumbiaYESYESYESYES*District of Columbia exempts only blood relative providers.
FloridaYESYESYESNO*Most counties do not allow unlicensed care. If permitted, unlicensed providers must register and complete Florida's background check. Click here for information. Blood relatives are not required to be registered.
GeorigaYESYESYESYESA child care license is needed if caring for more than 3 children.
HawaiiYESYESYESYES*Blood relatives are exempt from licensing requirement.
IdahoYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers to include blood relatives, must be registered with the state to participate. Click here to information on getting registered.
IllinoisYESYESYES*YES*Licensed exempt centers must submit a copy of their Letter of Exemption from DCFS before they can participate. Letter of exemption is valid for 2 years. For all other unlicensed providers, the AmeriCorps Member must complete the Member Affidavit.
IndianaYESYESYESYESAll unlicensed providers must become a CCDF Certified. Click here to information on getting certified. Provider will need a current First Aid/CPR Certification to complete certification.
IowaYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers are exempt. Providers with 5 or more unrelated children must be registered and complete Iowa's child care background checks. Must also have valid First Aid and CPR training to participate. Click here to get registered.
KansasYESYESYESYES*Non-relative unlicensed providers must pass the Child Abuse and Neglect registry check to participate. Click here.
KentuckyYESYESYESYES*Allows for existing registered unlicensed providers (more information can be found here); Blood relatives are ok to use.
MaineYESYESYESYES*Blood relatives are exempt from ALL requirements
MichiganYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed must complete a 7 hour Great Start to Quality course. Click here. You can complete the 10 hour course to qualify for higher reimbursement rates.
MinnesotaYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers must have valid First Aid and CPR training.
MissouriYESYESYESYESIndividuals caring for four or less unrelated children are licensed exempt and no cap on the number of related children up to the third degree (CCDF page 107 and 113)
NebraskaYESYESYESYES*Blood relatives are exempt from requirements
New MexicoYESYESYESYES*Only registered family homes are approved to use.
North CarolinaYESYESYES*NOUnlicensed relatives are not exempt by the state of NC. NC only exempts faith based programs that hold a notice of compliance.
North DakotaYESYESYESYES*Relative Providers ONLY
OhioYESYESYESNODay Camps must be accredited by the ACA and have annual ACA certificate and day camp registration.
OklahomaYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers are eligible to participate if care is provided in the member's home (in home care) or if by a relative.
OregonYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed care is allowed; however the childcare provider must be listed with the state of Oregon as an approved child care provider. Benefit will be effective from date of listing.
Puerto RicoYESYESNOYES*Unlicensed providers must have valid First Aid and CPR certificates. (Relative Providers are not required this training)
South DakotaYESYESYESYESRelative Providers are approved the unregulated rate. Unregulated rate is approved also to unregulated providers only providing care for one family. Other providers must be registered.
TexasYESYESNOYES*ALL unlicensed providers must be registered or listed with the state to participate. Click here for information. Relatives don't need to be listed to participate.
UtahYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers must be registered with the state to participate. Click here to be approved for FFN. Blood relatives are exempt.
VermontYESYESYESYES*Exempt if caring for children of up to 2 families. If caring for more than 2 families must be registered. Click here for information on getting registered.
Virgin IslandsYESYESNONO
VirginiaYESYESYES*YESPrograms holding a vendor agreement can participate. If your program is not yet exempted as a subsidy provider, you can apply to be approved. To become a subsidy provider click here for information. Provider must show they have vendor agreement as proof that they are approved as subsidy provider. Unlicensed providers caring for 4 or less unrelated children are exempt from requirement.
Washington DCYESYESYESYES*District of Columbia exempts only blood relative providers.
West VirginiaYESYESYES*YES*In home care by relative providers is allowed. Exempt centers (out of school time programs) must be registered to participate. Click here.
WisconsinYESYESYESYES*Can only use unlicensed providers that are already certified by the state. (blood relatives are exempt from the requirement). Click here if you are a provider who would like to get certified.

Child Care Provider Checklist

An AmeriCorps Member has selected you as their Child Care provider for their term of service. Please note: all Child Care Providers must meet the State child care provider requirements and regulations to be eligible for payment. Please refer to the Child Care Provider State Guide

Failing to complete or provide the information below will delay the child care benefit application process. If there are any pre-requisites required to become an approved provider, you must first meet those requirements before approval can take place.

Note: You have 30 days from the time you submit your application to ensure that all supportive documentation is received by GAP Solutions.

The following bullet points are here to help you through the Child Care Provider Application and Approval Process.

  • W-9 Form (Form is available for download at; Upon approval of your child care application, no payments will be issued without a completed W-9 Form. The address on the W-9 form should be the mailing address where payments can be mailed.
  • Rate Sheet (Outlines your child care fees)
  • If you are a Licensed Center/Group Home/Family Daycare Home:
    • submit a copy of your Child Care License (unexpired copy)
  • If you are an Unlicensed Child Care Provider:
    • A copy of your non-expired driver's license and
    • A signed copy of your Social Security Card
  • A completed Payment Authorization Form to enroll in Electronic Deposit

As soon as the Child Care benefit award has been issued, you and the AmeriCorps member will be notified via e-mail.

All child care provider eligibility requirements are set by your state's CCDF Plan. If there are any pre-requisites required to become an approved provider, you must first meet those requirements before approval can take place. Please feel free to speak to one of our Child Care Coordinators for more information.

Please remember: you may contact GAP Solutions, Inc. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST at the toll-free telephone number 1-855-886-0687 to speak with a Child Care Coordinator.


When you are ready to start your application, Login or Create A New Account.