Member Application Requirements

Please Select Your State

GAP Solutions Inc. is committed to providing AmeriCorps members with the resources needed to make informed decisions regarding childcare. The member eligibility requirements are determined by the individual state/territory. In our continued efforts to improve our processes and delivery of service we have developed the below list of Child Care Development Fund Plans (CCDFs). Please follow the link for your state/territory and review the eligibility information that is provided. You can also view your state's maximum reimbursement rates by visiting here or selecting your state from the dropdown below. This list will be updated periodically as changes occur. We appreciate your feedback - if you have any questions regarding the eligibility requirements, or have trouble loading any of the links in your web browser, please feel free to contact our staff for assistance. We can be reached via phone (855) 886-0687 or email at

Choose a state and the CCDF Link will show here

The table below is to be used only as a guide. Please note that the State eligibility requirements for child care providers can change at any time. Click on the column heading for a definition of each provider type or click here To verify if your provider of choice is eligible to participate in the AmeriCorps Child Care benefit program, contact GAP Solutions with your eligibility questions at 1-855-886-0687.


  • Your provider of choice must be over the age of 18, not live in your household, and may not be the biological parent.
  • The AmeriCorps Child Care program cannot assist providers with completing state training /background check requirements.
  • Providers will not be eligible for back payment if they are not in compliance with state regulations. If approved for the benefit, the start date will be set to the day they complete the applicable requirement.

State Licensed Child Care Providers Licensed Family & Group Homes License Exempt (Church, Public School, YMCA) Unlicensed (Relative, Friend, Etc.) Unlicensed Provider Requirements
Choose a state and the guidelines for that state will show here.
AlabamaYESYESYESYES*Relative providers exempt from requirements; all other must comply with Health and Safety Requirements, monitoring inspections and criminal background checks. Such must have passed State approval to operate without a license.
ArizonaYESYESYESYES*Relative Providers are approved for payment. All others must be to participate. To get certified click here for information.
ArkansasYESYESYES*YES*Relative providers caring for 5 or less children are approved; others must be registered to participate. Organizations: Churches are exempt; others must have an afterschool license to participate; also known as Out of School Time license.
CaliforniaYESYESYESYES*Unrelated unlicensed providers must be registered with TrustLine to participate
ColoradoYESYESYESYESRelative providers are approved; a Member Affidavit is required. All other unlicensed providers not approved for subsidy payments.
ConnecticutYESYESYESYESCare by a relative is approved; or by a non-relative in the child's home. FFN (Family, Friend, Neighbor care is exempt from licensing requirements). Must be in child's home.
District of ColumbiaYESYESYESYES*District of Columbia exempts only blood relative providers.
FloridaYESYESYESNO*Most counties do not allow unlicensed care. If permitted, unlicensed providers must register and complete Florida's background check. Click here for information. Blood relatives are not required to be registered.
GeorigaYESYESYESYESA child care license is needed if caring for more than 3 children.
HawaiiYESYESYESYES*Blood relatives are exempt from licensing requirement.
IdahoYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers to include blood relatives, must be registered with the state to participate. Click here to information on getting registered.
IllinoisYESYESYES*YES*Licensed exempt centers must submit a copy of their Letter of Exemption from DCFS before they can participate. Letter of exemption is valid for 2 years. For all other unlicensed providers, the AmeriCorps Member must complete the Member Affidavit.
IndianaYESYESYESYESAll unlicensed providers must become a CCDF Certified. Click here to information on getting certified. Provider will need a current First Aid/CPR Certification to complete certification.
IowaYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers are exempt. Providers with 5 or more unrelated children must be registered and complete Iowa's child care background checks. Must also have valid First Aid and CPR training to participate. Click here to get registered.
KansasYESYESYESYES*Non-relative unlicensed providers must pass the Child Abuse and Neglect registry check to participate. Click here.
KentuckyYESYESYESYES*Allows for existing registered unlicensed providers (more information can be found here); Blood relatives are ok to use.
MaineYESYESYESYES*Blood relatives are exempt from ALL requirements
MichiganYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed must complete a 7 hour Great Start to Quality course. Click here. You can complete the 10 hour course to qualify for higher reimbursement rates.
MinnesotaYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers must have valid First Aid and CPR training.
MissouriYESYESYESYESIndividuals caring for four or less unrelated children are licensed exempt and no cap on the number of related children up to the third degree (CCDF page 107 and 113)
NebraskaYESYESYESYES*Blood relatives are exempt from requirements
New MexicoYESYESYESYES*Only registered family homes are approved to use.
North CarolinaYESYESYES*NOUnlicensed relatives are not exempt by the state of NC. NC only exempts faith based programs that hold a notice of compliance.
North DakotaYESYESYESYES*Relative Providers ONLY
OhioYESYESYESNODay Camps must be accredited by the ACA and have annual ACA certificate and day camp registration.
OklahomaYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers are eligible to participate if care is provided in the member's home (in home care) or if by a relative.
OregonYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed care is allowed; however the childcare provider must be listed with the state of Oregon as an approved child care provider. Benefit will be effective from date of listing.
Puerto RicoYESYESNOYES*Unlicensed providers must have valid First Aid and CPR certificates. (Relative Providers are not required this training)
South DakotaYESYESYESYESRelative Providers are approved the unregulated rate. Unregulated rate is approved also to unregulated providers only providing care for one family. Other providers must be registered.
TexasYESYESNOYES*ALL unlicensed providers must be registered or listed with the state to participate. Click here for information. Relatives don't need to be listed to participate.
UtahYESYESYESYES*Unlicensed providers must be registered with the state to participate. Click here to be approved for FFN. Blood relatives are exempt.
VermontYESYESYESYES*Exempt if caring for children of up to 2 families. If caring for more than 2 families must be registered. Click here for information on getting registered.
Virgin IslandsYESYESNONO
VirginiaYESYESYES*YESPrograms holding a vendor agreement can participate. If your program is not yet exempted as a subsidy provider, you can apply to be approved. To become a subsidy provider click here for information. Provider must show they have vendor agreement as proof that they are approved as subsidy provider. Unlicensed providers caring for 4 or less unrelated children are exempt from requirement.
Washington DCYESYESYESYES*District of Columbia exempts only blood relative providers.
West VirginiaYESYESYES*YES*In home care by relative providers is allowed. Exempt centers (out of school time programs) must be registered to participate. Click here.
WisconsinYESYESYESYES*Can only use unlicensed providers that are already certified by the state. (blood relatives are exempt from the requirement). Click here if you are a provider who would like to get certified.

AmeriCorps Member Checklist

Upon receiving your completed application and supporting documentation, a GAP Solutions Inc. Child Care Coordinator will contact you within 2-3 business days to inform you if any additional information is required.

note: Your Member Application is not considered complete until your child care provider has also submitted their application packet. Please complete and sign with your child care provider the Child Care Provider Application. (See 'Provider Application Checklist' for more information).

Note: You have 30 days from the time you submit your application to ensure that all supportive documentation is received by GAP Solutions.

The following bullet points list the documents needed to complete your application. GAP Solutions at any time may require additional supporting documents outside of the list below.

Children needing care:

  • Birth Certificates for each child (under 13 years old) needing child care
  • Include documentation of the child's special needs (if this applies to you)
  • Proof of child custody- if child needing care is NOT your biological child
  • If you have a school aged child, send a copy of their school academic calendar

Household members over the age of 18:

  • Most Current Tax Form 1040A should be a signed copy; if you did not file, you must request from the IRS a verification of non-filing letter
  • Other Income- Upload proof of all income declared under Summary of Household Income for each household member over the age of 18

Self-employed Household members:

  • Paystubs for ALL household members over the age of 18 years old; paystubs must cover the most recent month (4weeks) of employment:
  • Tax Schedule C or Schedule F (this applies to farm income)
  • Statement of Work Activity Form
  • Quarterly Profit and Loss Statements and Monthly Salary
Select a Child Care Provider:

Choose an approved child care provider (child care providers must meet requirements as determined by the state in which child care is being provided). To see if your provider of choice is eligible to participate, please follow the link to the Child Care Provider State Guide. Your child care provider must submit all required certifications as outlined by your state before they are eligible for payment. Child Care Provider State Guide

Please remember: you may contact GAP Solutions, Inc. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST at the toll-free telephone number 1-855-886-0687 to speak with a Child Care Coordinator.


When you are ready to start your application, Login or Create A New Account.